(Photo Credits: Jeff Curry/USA Today Sports)
The baseball news will start circulating with the hot stove season beginning, some moves have been made, and of course a lot of speculation that I will cover.
- According to Peter Gammons on Twitter, It appears The Giancarlo Stanton sweepstakes are down to 2 teams, The Cardinals and The Giants. The one curveball is Stanton has to approve the trade, and they don’t know if hell accept a trade.
- Two trades have happened already, not very significant but helpful to both teams
- Rays trade RP Brad Boxberger to the Diamondbacks for minor league RP Curtis Taylor
- Braves trade RP Jim Johnson to the LA Angels for minor league RP Justin Kelly
- Two teams have signed catchers today
- The Milwaukee Brewers have resigned C Stephen Vogt to avoid being tendered
- The Chicago White Sox have signed C Wellington Castillo to a 2 year deal
- The Shohei Otani sweepstakes have officially began as his posting was finalized today. As mentioned in this tweet, Teams will have until Dec. 22 to make a deal with Otani. It seems as the Yankees and Rangers will be front runners for the “Japanese Babe Ruth”
- It seems that the Yankees manger search has been narrowed down to 6 different candidates as reported by Bryan Hoch on Twitter
The news will keep flowing as Hot Stove season has begun in the majors!